You will learn the 9 key principles for designing failure-free OMA art projects. After reviewing these 9 principles, you will have an opportunity to design a new art project and apply the 9 OMA principles you just learned.
The 9 OMA principles are listed below and you will see 3 video clips explaining each principle.
- Keep things complex but easy to do.
- Layer processes within the same activity.
- Give choices to promote individual expression.
- Draw on strengths; do not privilege intact cognition and fine motor skills
- Create structures to create freedom
- Support their independence
- Be creative yourself and use artist-grade materials.
- Celebrate their creativity, on the spot (be authentic) and at a larger, public event. Use art talk.
- Maximize possibility for “flow” experiences.