Welcome to “Love Duets.” This lesson shows how to use movement, dance, and music to encourage your care partner to reminisce.
In this lesson you will learn to:
- Experience movement, dance, and music together
- Create new memories together and recall old memories
- Stimulate body-brain connections for vitality and enjoyment
Please gather these materials before you start:
- Two chairs facing each other, with room to move
- Sound system
- Lyrics or sheet music of songs that are meaningful to your care partner
- Photos of family and friends or others dancing
Set aside 15-20 minutes with your care partner for this session.
Please take a moment to review Care for the Caregiver before beginning this lesson.
You may also watch the individual steps for this lesson. Each of the five steps below will guide you and your partner through the special techniques for this lesson. To make sure you get the most out of this lesson make sure to move through each step in the order they are presented. And remember – have fun!
- Consciously Breathe
2. Sing & Move
3. Call & Response
4. Create Together
5. Savor the Moment
Print the entire lesson plan for “Love Duets” here.