Welcome to “Beautiful Leaves.” This lesson shows how to create beautiful images with leaves and paint to encourage making choices.
In this lesson, you will learn to:
- Guide your care partner in creating a beautiful collage
- Encourage your care partner to make decisions on his/her own
Please gather these materials before you start:
- Large print instructions explaining the process
- Watercolor paper (9”x12”)
- Watercolor brush
- Paper towel
- Water bowl to wash brushes
- Spray water bottle
- Leaves that have been flattened and dried. To dry leaves: Insert leaves in heavy books for a minimum of 4-5 days.
- White gift tissue paper or thin rice paper (Cut slightly larger than the size of the watercolor paper).
- Mod-Podge (Glossy)
- Small paper plate to serve the Mod-Podge
Set aside approximately 30-40 minutes with your care partner for this session.
Please take a moment to review Care for the Caregiver before beginning this lesson.
You may also watch the individual steps for this lesson. Each of the five steps below will guide you and your partner through the special techniques for this lesson. To make sure you get the most out of this lesson, make sure to move through each step in the order they are presented. And remember – have fun!
1. Consciously Breathe
2. Sing & Move
3. Call & Response
4. Create Together
5. Savor the Moment
Print the entire lesson plan for “Beautiful Leaves” here.