Welcome to “A Conversation about Chagall’s Birthday.” This lesson shows how to use Marc Chagall’s “Birthday” painting to stimulate conversation and imagination.
In this lesson, you will learn to:
- Use a famous artwork as a communication tool
- Ask questions to explore the artwork
- Discover ideas about the artwork and each other
To prepare for this session:
- Print or have a clear digital display of this document with the painting and the list of questions
- Find a familiar love song or love poem and print them in large font size or use the ones we selected in the video
- Find a place where your care partner can see the painting clearly
Set aside 15-20 minutes with your care partner for this session.
Please take a moment to review Care for the Caregiver before beginning this lesson.
You may also watch the individual steps for this lesson. Each of the five steps below will guide you and your partner through the special techniques for this lesson. To make sure you get the most out of this lesson, make sure to move through each step in the order they are presented. And remember – have fun!
- Consciously Breathe
2. Sing and Move
3. Call and Response
4. Create Together
5. Savor the moment
Print the entire lesson plan for “Chagall’s Birthday” here.