Welcome to “Love Painting.” This lesson shows how to create beautiful images with stencils while reminiscing about memories of love.
In this lesson you will learn to:
- Guide your care partner in creating a beautiful painting
- Encourage your care partner to make decisions on his/her own
- Reminisce about significant love moments (e.g. first kiss, marriage proposal, first child, etc.)
Please gather these materials before you start:
- Large print instructions explaining the process
- Watercolor paper
- Scrap paper
- Painter’s tape
- Sponge brayer (to roll paint)
- Plastic letter stencils with the letters L, O, V, and E.
- Acrylic paint, a variety of bright colors
- Paper plates for serving paint
- Stencil brush
- Rags/paper towel
- Optional: Rubber stamp letters
Set aside 30-40 minutes with your care partner for this session.
Please take a moment to review Care for the Caregiver before beginning this lesson.
You may also watch the individual steps for this lesson. Each of the five steps below will guide you and your partner through the special techniques for this lesson. To make sure you get the most out of this lesson make sure to move through each step in the order they are presented. And remember – have fun!
1. Consciously Breathe
2. Sing & Move
3. Call & Response
4. Create Together
5. Savor the Moment
Print the entire lesson plans for “Love Painting.”