Welcome to “A Conversation about The Starry Night.” This lesson shows how to use Vincent Van Gogh’s “Starry Night” painting to stimulate conversation and imagination.
In this lesson you will learn to:
- Use a famous artwork as a communication tool
- Ask questions to explore the artwork
- Discover ideas about the artwork and each other
- Print or open a clear, large digital display of the painting (displayed below)
- Print or have access to the list of questions
- Find a place where your care partner can see the painting clearly
Set aside 15-20 minutes with your care partner for this session.
Please take a moment to review Care for the Caregiver before beginning this lesson.
You may also watch the individual steps for this lesson. Each of the five steps below will guide you and your partner through the special techniques for this lesson. To make sure you get the most out of this lesson make sure to move through each step in the order they are presented. And remember – have fun!
1. Consciously Breathe
2. Sing & Move
3. Call & Response
4. Create Together
5. Savor the Moment
Print the entire lesson plan for “A Conversation about Starry Night” here.