Welcome to “Sing Like a Bird.” This lesson shows how to use breath and singing with your care partner.
In this lesson you will learn to:
- Experience music and movement together
- Listen for rhythms, sounds and meanings of words
- Explore connections with nature
Please gather these materials before you start:
- Water or favorite beverage
- Photographs of birds in nature or a computer with links to photos/videos of birds
- Find a quiet location where you and your caregiving partner can easily hear and freely move.
Set aside 10-15 minutes with your care partner for this session.
Please take a moment to review Care for the Caregiver before beginning this lesson.
You may also watch the individual steps for this lesson. Each of the five steps below will guide you and your partner through the special techniques for this lesson. To make sure you get the most out of this lesson make sure to move through each step in the order they are presented. And remember – have fun!
- Consciously Breathe
2. Sing & Move
3. Call & Response
4. Create Together
5. Savor the Moment
Print the entire lesson plan for “Sing Like A Bird” here.