Welcome to “If I were a Bird.” This lesson shows how to create original poetry and movement using natural objects around your home and neighborhood.
In this lesson you will learn to:
- Use poetry as a communication tool
- Discover ways to use nature to stimulate the senses
- Discover ways to create movements around original poetry created
- Use poetry to laugh and play together.
- Set aside 30 minutes.
- Prepare the kitchen table for the session
- Collect ingredients:
- Notebook or Blank paper
Welcome to the video portion of the lesson! Please take a moment to review Care for the Caregiver before beginning this lesson.
You may also watch the individual steps for this lesson. Each of the five steps below will guide you and your partner through the special techniques for this lesson. To make sure you get the most out of this lesson make sure to move through each step in the order they are presented. And remember – have fun!
- Consciously Breathe
2. Sing and Move
3. Call and Response
4. Create Together
5. Savor the moment