Welcome to “Dream Catcher.” This lesson shows how to create a painting using yarn, tape, and acrylic that is guaranteed to look beautiful in a frame.
In this lesson, you will learn to:
- Guide your care partner in creating a failure-free painting
- Learn to narrow the number of choices in order to promote autonomy
- Learn to encourage and build your care partner’s confidence in their own creativity
Please gather these materials before you start:
- Watercolor paper or black cardstock paper
- Scrap paper (newsprint larger than the watercolor paper)
- Masking tape
- Acrylic paint (all colors and metallic)
- Paper plate to serve the paint
- Sponge brayer ($1.50 from unitednow.com)
- Sea sponge or other household sponge with distinct holes
- Rags/paper towel
Set aside 30 minutes with your care partner for this session.
Please take a moment to review Care for the Caregiver before beginning this lesson.
You may also watch the individual steps for this lesson. Each of the five steps below will guide you and your partner through the special techniques for this lesson. To make sure you get the most out of this lesson, make sure to move through each step in the order they are presented. And remember – have fun!
- Consciously Breathe
2. Sing & Move
3. Call & Response
4. Create Together
5. Savor the Moment
Print the entire lesson plan for “Dream Catcher” here.